The Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, in conjunction with the Houston Young Lawyers Association, will host its annual 5K Fun Run/Walk on Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 7:30 a.m. at the Sam Houston Park in downtown Houston. Following the event, a great post race party is always held by our sponsors with music, food, drinks, and fun for the whole family!
To register, please click on the button at the bottom of this page.
The 2017 race will again contribute to Change Happens!, a non-profit, community-based organization that provides a variety of programs including: homeless supportive services to individuals and families in more than 20 shelters, Children’s Health Insurance Program outreach assistance in nine counties, substance abuse treatment, and HIV prevention using street and community outreach and individual counseling.
We are currently looking for need cash sponsorships, in-kind donations, and volunteers. Your organization’s logo will appear on the T-shirt worn by participants in the race. Sponsors may also include “stuffers” in the packets distributed to each runner, such as brochures, key chains, magnets, coupons, or flyers. Sponsors are also invited to attend the race with an informational table, displays, or exhibits.
The 5-K race is chip timed, and the course is USAT&F sanctioned & certified. Prizes are awarded per gender and age groups based on chip time. Prizes are also awarded per the fastest 4 person law firm or law department team and non-law related team. Additionally, there are drawings for great door prizes. For the past few years, we have averaged approximately 250 participants. This year we are striving for 300 – 500 participants.
If your firm or company is interested in serving as a sponsor, or if you have any questions about the Run or HYLF, please contact Darren E. Ticer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
HYLA is pleased to announce the 2017 Houston Young Lawyers Foundation (HYLF) Fun Run T-Shirt Design Contest. Everyone is encouraged to submit designs for the t-shirts that are given to Fun Run participants. The rules are as follows:
1) HYLA membership is not necessary to participate. Please encourage anyone you know who would be interested in participating to submit t-shirt designs.
2) Designs must incorporate: (1) the HYLF logo, a copy of which is provided on this website (please right click and save it); (b) the year “2017,” and (c) the phrase “5-K.”
3) Designs cannot incorporate any materials subject to a copyright and/or trademark which cannot be used freely.
4) Designs must either be hand drawn or made on a program capable of creating vector graphics in a High Resolution PDF or EPS file format, such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape (available for free on the Internet).
5) Designs can incorporate no more than 4 colors.
6) Designs must be submitted by 5pm on July 23, 2017.
7) Designs can be submitted by hitting the submit button on this website.
8) The prize for winning the contest will include free entry into the Fun Run as well as a $250 cash prize.