Every year, HYLF supports charitable organizations through Grants. The Grant Program is designed to support, promote and encourage charitable organizations and activities in Harris County, Texas. HYLF specifically provides funding for specified projects to be undertaken in the following year related to:
- the furtherance of justice and legal education through the sponsorship and encouragement of legal research, publications, institutes and forums;
- the institution and maintenance of legal aid facilities for the indigent or working poor and the optimization of aid grants from governmental and private sources;
- the support of youth through athletic and educational forums; and/or
- any other activity that will promote and aid an improved system for the administration of justice and the improvement of the Bench and Bar in Harris County, Texas, and elsewhere.
In considering requests for grants, the HYLF Board of Trustees requires that the programs for which the applicant seeks funds serve the people of Harris County. The HYLF Grant Program Guidelines and Application are posted below. The due date for the 2019-2020 applications is Friday, March 13, 2020.
For more information on the HYLF Grant Program, please contact Tara Grigg Garlinghouse, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017-2018 Grant Recipients
The Houston Young Lawyers Foundation is proud to announce our 2017-2018 grant award recipients. The following organizations have been chosen to receive grants to support their efforts to improve youth education and access to justice in the Harris County Area:
- Aids Foundation Houston
- Arc Houston
- Breakthrough Houston
- Casa de Esperanza
- Children at Risk
- Community in Schools
- Firth ward - Youth Advocacy Day
- Gigi's Playhouse
- Small Steps Nurturing Center
- Teremine Watkins Foundation
- Teas Center for the Missing
- YES Prep