Officer & Director Elections
Rules and Guidelines Governing HYLA Elections for the 2020-2021 Bar Year
(June 1, 2020 – May 31, 20201
These rules govern the election of the Board of Directors and Officers of the Houston Young Lawyers Association (“HYLA”) for the 2019-2020 bar year. Candidates may run for the following elected positions:
- Nine (9) elected Board of Director positions;
- Secretary; and
*To be nominated as President-Elect, Secretary, or Treasurer, a candidate must either (i) currently serve as a Director or as the Secretary or Treasurer, or (ii) within the past two years have served at least one full term in such office; provided, however, with the unanimous written consent of the Board of Directors, such requirements may be waived but only on a candidate-by-candidate basis.
**To obtain a petition, candidates must e-mail HYLA President-Elect Krisina Zuniga , email@example.com with their name and desired position.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Mandatory Information Sessions—all sessions to occur at the law offices of Locke Lord LLP
- Thursday, March 3 at 6:00 p.m.
Election Related Deadlines:
• Wednesday, March 18 at 6:00 p.m.—Petitions with 15 signatures & signed acknowledgment due
• Wednesday, March 18 at 11:59 p.m.—Candidate bios & photographs due
• Wednesday, April 1 at 10:00 a.m.—Electronic voting begins
• Wednesday, April 29 at 5:00 p.m.—Electronic voting ends
• Saturday, June 20 at 10:00 a.m. – Mandatory board retreat