The Houston Young Lawyers Association (“HYLA”) provides opportunities that are specific to the needs of young and new lawyers and law students. HYLA's mission is to: Learn. Lead. Network. Serve.
Benefits to HYLA Membership include:
- Create lifelong connections and friendships with members of the local legal community;
- Cultivate leadership and organizational skills as a member or chairperson of one of HYLA's committees;
- Gain invaluable legal knowledge through innumerable, specific, and, most importantly, cheap or free CLE programs;
- Get to know your colleagues and peers through monthly social activities;
- Participate in sports leagues or a trivia league;
- Engage your family and other attorney’s families through various family activities;
- Attend special programs and events with Houston's judiciary;
- Participate in the HYLA Leadership Class;
- Get on HYLA's list serve and receive emails about upcoming events and opportunities; and
HYLA is a fantastic way to meet a great group of diverse young lawyers!